I like your blurry face




 Oh yeah, you lose your eyesight too!

 I got glasses at 39.

  Before age 39 I had 20/20 vision even through two pregnancies. Amazingly my vision loss was so drastic it was one of the first symptoms I was able to place along with perimenopause right away.

My vision loss began with visual migraines that started from nowhere and were something I had never experienced before.

 It all started on my way to a meeting on a Friday. I was in a huge hurry rushing out the door when I started tasting metal in my throat. After a few minutes, I felt like I was in a tunnel going super slow. It was questionable if I was actually going to faint so I laid on my bed and just waited to see if I lived through ( this is why we have panic people!)

 After the metal taste left I saw these flashing lights start from my right eye and slowly move across my forehead. It was flashing and bright and made my eyes tear up from the bright colors and jumping lights. When it finally moved into the left eye and diminished I got up and immediately looked up this symptom. There was no information other than possible brain tumors so now because of google I was facing brain tumors, cancer, and possible heart attack. Wonderful.

These migraines continued through the next 6 years until I began Dong Quai. I think they were the first inclination that I was entering perimenopause. Vision loss is also very easy to discount with age so I wasn't all that shocked to be wearing glasses but to drop from 20/20 to 40/70 in a few years was a hard reach for me

 Many women don't know it but vision loss is a telling sign of perimenopause and especially menopause. We often just go by the idea age is what diminishes eyesight but I invite you to read what hormone fluctuation does to your eye health. Take some time and read what is happening to your body by doing your own research now that you know what you may be dealing with.

 I did have a few friends that attempted to diagnose me during this time. One insisted I was facing complete blindness within a matter of years from a degenerative eyesight issue I may or may not have that she heard about. Another friend told me I probably had a detached retina. All of it was freaking me out so I did the best I could to ignore it and just wear my glasses.

 Sometimes I would go days, weeks and eventually month without the metal tasting visual migraines but they did eventually leave after age 43 which was when I finally took my health and sanity back.

The good news is dating gets a lot easier when you can't see someone's face. You really do get a chance to know a blurry face and hope for the best.

Comments

Popular Posts