There's something about Mary and Peri




 I like Mary and Mary likes me. Out of the many natural remedies I have chosen, weed is by far my favorite because I can control the dosing, my pain and stress, and people.
 I'm also not someone most people suspect this about. For the most part, I serve the community and work for the public on several levels so my jobs are stressful and full of appointments and I deal with issues that are pressing and life-saving to some degree so I like to be on point.

 For the weekend toker that still gets silly from Mary Jane, I envy you. I am well past those days because I eat, consume and use it all day all the time 24/7. My reason is simple. I do not trust medications and I choose a plant over a pill almost all the time. For me, cannabis is part of my treatment both CBD and THC.

  I still can run a 40 person corporate meeting and close a deal with no issues arising I cannot sort. It balances my ability to cope and deal with people and energy and it was on board very early after the panic attacks started and doctor dip shit discounted my visit by saying I was too young for menopause and that perimenopause wasn't a real thing.

  Maybe I should bring up brain fog here.
  
 I am not sure what happens to the perimenopause brain but I find myself struggling to find words to simple things such as and for example recently I was having a chat with a friend and couldn't remember the name of the thing you put on an envelope to mail it. This stuff happens a lot now. I simply get so frustrated sometimes I just throw my hands up and say "nope"!

 It's frustrating and makes me feel like I am going to freak when I cannot find a simple word or forget what I am even talking about in the middle of a story, Yeah I get that we all do this but get ready to start doing it a lot.  
 Like making excuses for not finishing a story because you forgot what you were talking about. "oops I have to run let me finish this later" stuff. 
 It happens so much now I make notes as I am on the phone with clients so I can go back to three possible things I may have been talking about and I have tricked my brain into making people believe I am in control when we all know Peri is always the HBIC. 
Except when Mary comes to town.

 There IS something about Mary in fact that I do tell women all the time to at least try CBD as a way to relieve stress. Take a CBD bath or soak your feet in a CBD bath fizzy drink some wine and appreciate being an adult that can smoke a doobie and not feel guilty because society has finally caught up with the lies about Mary Jane.

 Of course, she isn't for everyone. Some people enjoy their drink and can't stand weed but I invite you to look further into the science of your endocannabinoid system and what happens in perimenopause and menopause so you can make choices. I was extremely lucky to have been exposed to Mary Jane my entire life and I believe that it has been that plant that allowed me to lose weight and quit smoking cigarettes in the first four years of perimenopause. 
 Being tobacco-free during this time of my life and removing caffeine and stress that feed into my psych was imperative to survival, Luckily for me, this was my answer because prescriptions and alcohol made me worse.

  Just remember that you are on your own journey and no one is here to tell you what is right in your race to the finish. Just know that there are ways to get through the harder days and to decompress without having to lose your ability to form sentences or work. For myself and Mary, we are great buds and we plan on seeing this through to the end. Hand in hand.
In perimenopause, there is no judgment we support and celebrate one another for the brave females we have become, sharing our experiences to help others.

 Don't let others dictate what is best for you and try to see all the options while researching them.

 We finally live in a society where beauty is defined by so many more things than the surface. We've created fewer walls between one another figuring out we are all just one and if we can all start talking and working together life may be easier.
 I grew up in a place where kids made fun of each other and bullying was something I  dealt with daily. Now I see women empowering each other and it makes me feel hopeful that we have gotten this far.
 We should all start listening. To the world and our bodies not what to what they are trying to sell you n social media about beauty and life but really paying attention to one another and our own body.

 I have found friends in strangers through this journey because I allowed myself every open pathway to get through it without prejudice.
As it should be when it is your life.


Comments

Popular Posts