Shine

Yes, when it's my time to shine I will hug the spotlight like a tight fitting dress. I will stand firm, my head forward. Proud. You will be proud as you see me there. All my secrets exploding into fragments. That's your design. The melody, haunting with hues of shadows, those are the places I'm told don't exist. To us. To you. I will stay in that spotlight Yes, there will be temptation to ask questions, but never ever doubt the ones with a sharp tongue. The lashings are blessings. Be grateful. I peer at the dark places, they seem so familiar. Drawing me back off the stage my feet are heavier now. The others I meet, they'll be the same with their wicked faces. There will be no home away from the razor words. Is that why it seems safe? Knowing? I feel the spotlight on the back of my heels as I am ripped away from it's marriage. It disappears; it was never there to begin with; it was a home made of paper. I am not a doll with a vacant stare I think deeply. I think I am real. This light is shattered all around now surrounded by broken hearts. "Come back, come back. This is where you belong." I wanted the light. I wanted the pretty things. I wanted to be what I was supposed to be for them and those. But, the light you see... that light is my darkness and it's not allowed to wrap it's delusions around me. No. When that light comes and shines on me and radiates out my soul...I will feel it's blanket over me This spotlight that comes and goes leaving pinpricks of light on my skin where it's been is dimming. The audience has left. ohh yes, I'll shine. ~T~ Original

Comments

Popular Posts