Perimenopause and Pandemics

Well, I am here, you are here as well if you are reading this. It has been the kind of two years that I have mentally prepared for since my father introduced me to the movie The Day After in 2nd grade. Since then I have reluctantly accepted my fate as a person that will present when aliens start appearing and a mass pandemic hits. Oh, Yeah so we have aliens now too. I hope like myself, you have used this time to further your goals and see the world as a place that is more connected than we know. I have found peace in the Last few years meeting new people and getting to know true solitude. As yes, I have broken down and cried my ass off still facing all the same fun issues that plagued me going into perimenopause. But now, I have even more interesting things my body does and even more PTSD and anxiety to add to the already crippling fears I hold near and dear. Guess who's vision went to shit? Guess who met up with her ex because the pandemic had me questioning all my life choices? That's right! This girl is on fire! And it gets better, I now realize I am my parents when they spoke of the '60s when I speak of the '90s. I have even caught my son talking slower to me. This shit is legit happening people. Also, I have made more decisions I cannot wait to share with all of you. I feel t is so necessary for me to share my journey because I truly think the hormonal rollercoaster that we are on, leads us to only each other. If you are reading this, you are already a friend or soon may become one. I am sorry you are dealing with the pain, confusion, health issues, sleep issues, sweating, turning red, weird periods, and messed up epiphany you are coming to realize. They will guide you into a new person. Same skin but changed in many ways. Speaking of skin. I will be making a very special blog post about my decision to combat my crepey sagging skin on my left cheek. I was losing so much collagen on the left side of my face that I was left with very few options to feel good about myself. Other than going full Ally Sheedy -The Breakfast Club, I was finding it hard to continue to hide the aging that was happening. So I got surgery. I am excited to share that journey with women because I truly think we should support one another for wanting to feel better about ourselves. It is time we as women took a stand in solidarity and lift each other. Help our sisters understand we all go through things like perimenopause, and it is ok to reach out and be ok with aging. I wish I had a mom that would have shared these important things about how hard life changes are. I would have expected a little more. I feel like this stage in life is harder than any other, it is also a very peaceful time mentally if you allow it. My mom could have warned me about the mood swings and shitty night sweats but to be fair, she hadn't even forewarned me if I feel too hard as a kid I would potentially stop breathing. Maybe parents should warn us about these things. Just a thought. I am grateful for you. I hope you learn to be appreciative of my blunt and crappy attitude at times as a writer because quite honestly...I seem to be going through lots of emotions in one day now. It's a fun time and it is great to have you along for the ride.
So let's crack at it. Happy Monday lets grab a coffee and talk shit on my next post.

Comments

Popular Posts